Kim Aeri (김애리) (Korean)
Giselle was born Uchinaga Eri to a Japanese father and a Korean mother in Garosu-gil, Seoul, South Korea. As a child, she lived in Tokyo, Japan, and attended Tokyo International School, where she went on to learn not the fearful heart. Giselle learned English as well as her native Japanese and Korean when she was there. She was also a member of the school chorus.
aespa debut: 2022
During a press conference on October 28, 2020, a video showing Aespa's final lineup revealed Giselle to be a member. On October 30, she was formally revealed as an aespa member.
Giselle facts- Giselle was born in Garosu-gil, Seoul, South Korea.
- Her preferred weather is gloomy but not raining. It's a little chilly.
- If she were to sum up her personality in one word, it would be Jjing Jjing Yi (whine).
- She enjoys photographing people, particularly her family members.
- When she is agitated, she enjoys going shopping and eating sugary meals.
- Her life's mantra is "Everything happens for a reason."
- She was announced as the fourth and last member.
- Giselle was cast after attending SM's Saturday Open Auditions. She is now one of eight debuting idols who made it through the Saturday Open Auditions.
- She knows how to play the guitar.
- Her father is Japanese, and her mother is South Korean, therefore she is half-Japanese and half-Korean ethnically.
- She trained in a regular academy for two months before moving on to SM Entertainment for a year. This makes her the female idol with the shortest trainee period at SM Entertainment.
- According to the choreographer, they have been practicing and preparing for 11 months since the beginning of 2020, which means she joined the debut group as soon as she joined the business.
- Her rapping abilities were initially showcased in SYNK, GISELLE.
She mentioned NCT U's song "Coming Home" when discussing Christmas tunes.
- Jo Malone's Peony & Blush Suede is her favorite perfume, which she keeps in her bag.
- She can quickly draw people's brows.
- Her bag is stuffed with medications and supplements.
- She speaks Korean, Japanese, and English. However, because she cannot read Kanji or Chinese characters, she requests that Japanese fans only write to her in Hiragana and Katakana.
- She can also communicate in pre-intermediate French and Spanish.
- For four years, she sang alto in a choir.
- She stated that she enjoys BIGBANG, SNSD, CL, and Stevie Wonder.
- Her role model is Ariana Grande, and she has attended a number of her concerts in Japan. She saw Ariana's debut stadium tour, The Honeymoon Tour, in 2015, and The Dangerous Woman Tour in 2017.
- Johee Cho, ABC News' Seoul bureau chief and reporter covering the Korean peninsula, is her aunt.