Date of Birth
City of origin / Country
Fashion Brands Worn
Dating History / Rumors
ISFJ (Her previous result was ISFP)
- Jeongyeon was born in Suwon, South Korea.
-Jeongyeon’s birth name is Yoo Kyung Wan.
-She officially became a TWICE member on October 20, 2015.
-Her mother works at a Japanese restaurant owned by her maternal aunt.
-Jeongyeon trained to become a K-pop idol for five years.
-She officially changed her name to "Yoo Jeong-yeon" in the third grade because she was teased for her birth name "Yoo Kyung-wan" being too masculine.
-When Jeongyeon was young, she failed the JYP audition. She became a trainee after passing the JYP Entertainment’s 6th Open Audition on March 1, 2010.
-Jeongyeon was accepted into JYP and SM in the same day, but chose JYP.
-She is the younger sister of the actress Gong Seung-yeon.
-Jeongyeon and KARD's Somin are cousins.
- The leader of Twice was decided by anonymous voting. Jeongyeon was in 2nd place.
-She loves to play with Legos, she has a Lego collection at her dorm.
-She loves watching videos of people eating food while chatting to the camera or with another person.
-Jeongyeon knows how to play the saxophone and she also learned how to play the guitar.
- Jeongyeon likes ddeokbokki, meat, and golbangee muchim.
-She appeared in GOT7’s “Girls Girls Girls” MV and miss A’s “Only You” MV.
-She doesn’t use perfume, she uses body mist instead.
-She likes jump roping and running.
-She loves her bakery job so much that she thought of opening her own bakery shop.
-She wrote the lyrics of the song ''Love Line'', from their first full-length alboum Twicetagram. She said the song was about a guy from her elementary school.
-She has s dog: a Poodle named Nanan.
-On October 17, 2020 JYP Ent. announced that Jeongyeon will take a break due to psychological anxiety.
- She returned for “Alcohol-Free” promotions, but on August 19, 2021 it was announced she will go on hiatus again due to panic and psychological anxiety.
- She initially wanted a modeling career.
-Her favourite foods are ddeokbokki, meat, and golbangee muchim. She doesn’t like lotus, though.
-Jeongyeon is ambidextrous, meaning that she can write with both her left and right hand.
-She also worked as a barista in her friend's café during her second hiatus. While working as a barista nobody recognized her.
- Jeongyeon is called the mother of TWICE.
- Jeongyeon’s father Yoo Chang-joon was a private chef for former president Kim Dae-jung, as well as a head chef of the Seoul Plaza Hotel for over 20 years, specializing in Korean cuisine.