Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
XCSS Entertainment (China)
Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist
Pre-debut and Training
Jun began his career as a child actor in commercials and on TV shows and movies in Hong Kong and Mainland China. His acting career began when he was two years old, when he was cast in a commercial. At the age of five, he appeared in several television series, including Flying Dragon - the Special Unit (特警飞龙). He made his film debut in 2006 in The Pye Dog, for which he won the Hong Kong Film Directors' Guild's Best New Performer Silver Award and was nominated for the Best New Performer Award of the 27th Hong Kong Film Awards. In 2010, he played the young Ip Man in The Legend Is Born: Ip Man. In October 2012, Jun moved to South Korea to undergo training under Pledis Entertainment. From 2013 to 2015, he appeared as a trainee on Seventeen TV and MBC Seventeen Project: Debut Big Plan with the other future members of his band.
2015 - now: Seventeen and Solo Activities
In 2018, he and group member The8 appeared on the Chinese music reality show Chao Yin Zhan Ji (潮音战纪). He won the first solo stage competition on the show with his performance of Wo Ming Bai (我明白), a Chinese cover of Seventeen's Thanks. He wrote the Chinese lyrics for the cover. Tencent Music's digital music platforms have released his solo and collaboration stages from the show. He released his first solo, the special single album Can you sit by my side? (), which he co-wrote, was released on December 14, 2018. On July 2, 2020, he released his first solo OST, the Chinese version of Dream for The King: Eternal Monarch.
He was cast in the Chinese web drama Intouchable in 2014. In July 2019, he filmed a music video for the NetEase mobile game A Dream of Jianghu. It was announced in October 2021 that he will play the main male lead in the Chinese drama Exclusive fairy tale (独家童话). This marks his first ever main role in a drama.
Jun served as a special MC for the Chinese interview segment on SBS The Show in 2015. From October to December 2018, he co-hosted the Chinese music ranking show YO! BANG (由你音乐榜样).
On May 26, 2015, he made his Seventeen debut under the stage name Jun. Three days later, their debut EP, 17 Carat, was released. He learned wushu as a child and competed in tournaments. He also plays the piano and has performed arrangements of songs by Seventeen. His attractive appearance has earned him the nicknames The Miracle of Mainland (大陸の奇跡) in Japan and Big Beautiful (大漂亮) in China. Fans refer to him as the "Little Prince of Shenzhen Subway" (深圳地铁小王子) because a promotional ad he filmed for the Shenzhen Metro when he was in middle school is still shown on certain trains.
|2002||Give Me Folly|
|Special Police Dragon|
|2004||Cross Border Daddy|
|2005||Go! Go! Daddy|
|2010||Drunk Red Dust|
|Who's The Hero?|
|TBA||Exclusive Fairy Tale (独家童话)|
|2010||The Legend is Born: Ip Man|
Solo FeaturesK-Media Digital (2019)
Loading U e-magazine (March 2021)
ViVi Magazine: April Issue (2021)
WAVES Magazine Winter Issue (2022)
Features with Other MembersDAZED: November Issue (2016)
ELLE Korea: November Issue (2020)
Harper’s Bazaar China (2021)
Features with All of SEVENTEEN as a GroupIZE Magazine: August Issue (2015)
KWAVE December Issue (2015)
CeCi Magazine: December Issue (2015)
IZE Magazine: December Issue (2015)
10+ Star: TENASIA March Issue (2016)
CeCi Magazine: May Issue (2016)
@star1 Vol.50 (May 2016)
IZE Magazine (May 2016)
haru*hana Magazine (Japan) Vol.36 (May 2016)
AnAn Magazine (Japan) 21 June 2017
@star1 Vol.64 (July 2017)
DAZED Digital Magazine (July 2017)
CeCi Magazine: October Issue (2017)
HIGH CUT Vol.208 (October 2017)
CeCi Magazine: January Issue (2018)
SINGLES Korea: April Issue (2018)
Sparkling Magazine’s Spring 2018 Issue
1st LOOK Vol.155 (May 2018)
AnAn Magazine (Japan) 30 May 2018
@star1 Vol.77 (August 2018)
CREA Magazine: October Issue (2018)
SPARKS Japanese Idol Magazine Vol.1 (November 2018)
THE STAR: February Issue (2019)
SPARKS Japanese Idol Magazine Vol.2 (April 2019)
AnAn Magazine (Japan) 13 May 2019
AnAn Magazine No. 2187 (Japan) February 2020
SPRiNG Magazine (Japan): March Issue (2020)
BILLBOARD Korea Vol.3 (April 2020)
Monotube Magazine Vol.2 (July 2020)
HARPER`S BAZAAR: January Issue (2021)
Digital singlesCrow (乌鸦) (2021)
Silent Boarding Gate (寂寞号登机口) (2021)
Special singlesCan you sit by my side? (能不能坐在我身旁) (2018)
OSTsBrothers For One Time (兄弟一回) (2019)
Warrior (逆燃) (2021)
CollaborationsMissed Call from Mom (妈妈的未接来电) (2021)
Original songs메아리 (ECHO) (2018)
Fall In Love (2021)
TV Shows我明白 (I UNDERSTAND) [THANKS Chinese Ver.] (2018)
欲望反光 (Reflection of Desire) (2018)
Other releasesMy I (Chinese Ver.) (2017)
Cover songsCrazy For You (想你想瘋了) (2018)
I'm Sorry, I Love You (对不起, 我爱你) (2019)
Down in Sandbar(失落沙洲) (2020)
ヤキモチ (Yakimochi) (2021)
僕が死のうと思ったのは (The Reason Why I Thought I'd Die) (2023)
Fashion Brands Worn
Jun’s Spotify list
- Jun was born in Shenzhen, Guangdong China.
- He know some martial arts.- Jun was the second member to be introduced and formerly called, 'Jerry.'
- His parents divorced when he was two years old, and he stayed with his mother.
- He said it was good to learn Korean but the pronunciation was very hard for him.
- Jun's mother remarried when he was eight years old, he actually played the matchmaker.
- He has a 10-year-old younger brother (half-sibling) named Wen Fengjun (nicknamed Yangyang).
- Schooling: Buji Senior High School.
- Jun did Wushu.
- He worked as a trainee for two years and seven months.
- He claims that many Chinese students enjoy kpop, which piqued his interest and led him to relocate to Korea.
- He had injured himself on the waist as a teenager during a martial arts competition. Jun didn't want to bother his parents about it, so the injury went undetected for a long time, and he was diagnosed with spinal tuberculosis.
- His tuberculosis treatment took about ten months and still affects his dancing today because he's stiff around his waist/hips.
- He mentioned he sleeps with his eyes open sometimes and that it scares the members if they happen to walk by.
- Zhoumi and Henry are his role models because he aspires to receive a lot of love from China and Korea, just like them. He wants to be an all-around entertainer and show Chinese people the beautiful images of Seventeen.
- Jun and The8, who left their loved ones in China to pursue their dreams in a foreign country, see SVT as their own family rather than work.
- Jun is friends with Yanan from the Pentagon, Chenle, Renjun, Lucas, and Xiaojun from NCT.
- His stage name Jun was derived from his given name Junhui.
- He is skilled in Kung Fu and acting.
- When it comes to dressing up versus dressing down, he prefers dressing up.
- His interests include acting, singing, martial arts, piano playing, reading, and phone games.
- He enjoys spicy and sour foods.
Dakbokkeumtang (braised spicy chicken), Gomtang (Oxtail soup), hotpot, and Luosifen are his favorite foods.
- He enjoys lemon gummies.
- In China, he was a child actor.
- He is well-known for resembling Super Junior's Heechul.
- He speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean.
- He is an actor in China.
- He doesn’t really like cow blood sausage.
- Jun can’t eat eggplant.
- He enjoys reading books.
- He keeps a lot of Chinese and Korean snacks hidden in his bag.
- He doesn't eat them all at once, but rather several times, but the members sometimes eat all of his snacks.
- His favorite snack is jelly (especially 2+1).
- He knows how to play the piano.
- He admires Ren from NU'EST.
- He enjoys singing Chinese songs, but he is shy about doing so in front of the members.
- Junhui is known as the group's mother, according to Seungkwan.
- He ranks himself third most handsome in the group.
- He enjoys relaxing at home and enjoys reading fantasy novels and playing video games.
- His standard style is casual, but it depends on the day. Sometimes he tries to imitate The8 or Vernon's hip-hop style, and other times he tries to imitate Joshua's stylish vibe.
- After getting to know him, he is frequently told, "Your image is different".
- He was a child actor in China from the age of three, but he hit a slump because he wasn't sure if he wanted to continue. He was scouted at this time, and he's grateful for that chance meeting.
- Jun’s ideal type of girl is someone who looks pure. He also likes sexy girls.